Monday, August 18, 2008

Live Update: JFK to neverneverland




I spoke to a friend of mine on the phone a few days ago who told me I was getting a little spare with the posts. And it's true. I admit.

So in honor of.. the absence. the reasons of which I might expand upon later.. here's a random live update.


I'm posted up in JFK in NY trying to get out of here. This is me as I currently am, hoping to catch this 4:24 flight out to Detroit and then on to Memphis.

Travel. And where the frick we are going! Actually, bodily, physically.
And otherwise
metaphorically
symbolically
along the twisting journey of our lives


and here I sit in limbo land.
There's something about being in the airport when you seemingly can't get anywhere.

You begin to question some of the basic assumptions of your life.
Where am I going?
What do I do when I am sitting here?
Should I read a book, pick up Paoulo Coelho's "The Alchemist?" for 12.99 or something like that.

Should I muse? Where should I go?
I tried to get a flight out to Portland as well. Then contemplated going to Washington. Then seemed to run up against some roadblocks, but then after that happens sometimes you have to do other things. And maybe that sounds vague, but that's what it is. Not knowing sometimes where you are going. Then
just taking control of whatever it is .. a tension a partnership between being free and being in control.

I don't know where I'm going yet.
I would like to leave New York.

But then.. ( and she ponders the possibilities double time and over and up again)
there can be power in not having the answer..

you find you have to push past the answers you would come up with normally.
Maybe you'll do something you've never done before.
Maybe you will come up with a new solution.
Or a new question.

But yea.. yea..

invention?

No comments:

Post a Comment